WV Archive

White Voice Archive 2 15 17 19 20 21 22 23 27 29 30 31 32

Saturday 12 May 2018

England fairest land by the Spinners - Superb!!!

Brilliant song by the Spinners

About the Song
have been writing songs for longer than I care to remember and Postcards Of Life is the internet music umbrella for myself and my children. It may also include other musicians and singers Our home recording studio is our sitting room and is based around a Tascam multitrack, nothing fancy, flashy or expensive. On this song I have not even added any reverb! The sound is not as polished or perfect as you would expect from an expensive studio but every instument is actually played and if there is a mistake, we redo it until we get it right.

Here's To You Sweet England extolls the virtues of our beautiful country and is for those who love England. It was first recorded by the Liverpool Spinners many moons ago.
Incidentally, for those interested, the instruments used are as follows: a 1969 accoustic Gibson Blue Ridge, accoustic Ovation 12 string, Gibson SG electric, mandolin, Irish whistle, percussion and a Roland fantomX for strings etc. I will add the words when I do the YouTube version, including a verse not sung here.

Postcards Of life is strictly internet based and I do not have any association with the music industry or the media as they have tjheir own agenda, usually to further their own careers, whilst I just wish to enjoy writing and recording what I choose. The internet has opened up the world and quite possibly Postcards Of Life may include singers and musicians from around the globe without ever having to meet! In fact, one multi language song is at the translation stage.
I hope you life is going smoothly and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything to say about anything.....